When local people are successful, so are our places.
Bright Lights is our skills and employment programme, helping people of all ages and abilities discover their potential and grow – through apprenticeships, work experience, internships, graduate schemes, training, work ready programmes and more. This all helps secure the skills our business, supply chain and occupiers need for the future.
We actively promote fair and collaborative relationships with our suppliers, demonstrating our values through our Supply Chain Charter commitments. These include supporting local procurement and increasing apprenticeship opportunities. For views from our apprentices, suppliers and others, visit our Blogs. For more on our suppliers, click here.
Anna Devlet, Head of Community: “By supporting local skills, employment and procurement, we help local people and businesses grow, at the same time as creating the skilled workforce needed for the future and nurturing thriving economies around our assets – all important for our long term success.
- Improving skills in areas where they are needed most.
- Contributing positively to local economies through local procurement and employment.
- Partnering with occupiers and suppliers on fair working practices.
- Implementing our Supply Chain Charter and promoting our values.
Download our Local Charter, Supply Chain Charter, Apprenticeship Framework for our Managed Portfolio and other guidance: Policies.For more on our suppliers, click here. For our Modern Slavery Act Disclosure 2016, click here.
We are also getting data on apprentices in our supply chain, towards our 3% target by 2020, on supplier contracts that are Supply Chain Charter compliant, and on British Land’s total economic contributions to the UK (gross value added).
For more on our performance: Targets and performance.
Our socio-economic contributions
We’ve commissioned a series of studies in recent years and published the findings to improve understanding of our socio-economic contributions. These include:
- Teesside at 25 Review 2016
- Meadowhall at 25 Review 2015
- Regent’s Place at 30 Review 2014
- The Source Skills Academy 10 Year Review 2013
- Our Socio-Economic Contributions Report Review 2012
Download our reports: Reports and publications.