Our places are designed to last – flexible and adaptable as the planet changes.
From improving efficiency and cutting embodied carbon, to installing photovoltaic panels and creating BREEAM Excellent offices, shops and homes – we’re delivering savings for occupiers, generating income, staying ahead of legislation and protecting asset value. For more on what we’ve been doing, visit our Blogs.
We’re three times European sector leaders in the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark. We’ve also won awards for energy reductions from the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers and others. View our Awards.
Matt Webster, Head of Wellbeing and Futureproofing: “Through our energy efficiency programme, we’ve delivered £13m gross savings for us and our occupiers, at the same time as optimising lighting, temperatures and air quality for the wellbeing of the people who work, shop and live in our buildings. This also helps us protect asset value for investors and stay ahead of legislation.”
- Improving operational efficiency and reducing occupier costs.
- Increasing onsite energy generation and associated revenue.
- Managing climate change risks, including protecting value by reducing flood risk.
- Preparing for resource constraints and regulation through materials and process innovation.
- Sourcing or procuring 100% of electricity from renewable sources, member of RE100.
Download our Supply Chain Charter, Sustainability Briefs and other guidance: Policies.
For more detail on our position on climate change, view Leadership on Carbon, by Sarah Cary, Head of Sustainable Places.
We are also gathering data on landlord embodied carbon intensity for development projects, on the proportion of procured green energy and on construction undertaken off site.
For more on our performance: Targets and performance.
For our CDP Reports: Reports and publications.